WHAT IS ELLIOT CARES?
Elliot Cares is a program of the Davis H. Elliot Company which provides financial relief to Elliot employees, their spouses, and dependent children who are facing a financial hardship resulting from a circumstance beyond their control. The funds are donated by fellow employees through a voluntary $1 per week deduction from their paycheck, allowing members of the Elliot Family to assist their co-workers during their time of need.
Elliot Cares is primarily designed to address immediate needs and specific challenges faced by our employees. It aims to provide assistance during difficult times and support individuals in overcoming temporary or unexpected obstacles. It is difficult to provide a comprehensive list all the various scenarios which would qualify for assistance, but some examples would include “life happens” type of events such as accidents, the death of a family member, health issues, and property damage.
While the program is not designed to to address long-term or chronic issues or provide assistance with issues of personal responsibility like education expenses or debt relief, we do acknowledge the value of each individual’s unique circumstances. The committee diligently assesses every application received, understanding the importance of empathy and compassion in determining the best course of action for each case. We encourage employees to reach out, as we are committed to considering each case with care.
The general structure of Elliot Cares is:
- For consideration of award, a brief application must be completed electronically or over the phone.
- Employees may nominate their co-workers after notifying the employee of their actions, or themselves, for relief.
- Applications are received by an Elliot Cares Administrator for review and processing. The Elliot Cares Committee strives for a vote on each application within 48 hours of receipt of a processed application.
- The committee is comprised of representatives from each of the company’s operating regions, as well as the administrative group that remain anonymous and rotate on a set interval.
- If approved for relief, employees will be notified upon confirmation of their application.
- Excluding rare and unique situations, all payments will be made directly to vendors and not directly to employees.
We appreciate all Elliot employees who elect to participate in Elliot Cares to support co-workers in need.
REGISTRATIONS, NOMINATIONS & QUESTIONS
Would you like to register for the Elliot Cares program? Do you have a potential beneficiary in mind you would like to nominate? Use the form below to send us an email.